Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you consider yourself to be exceptional at solving problems? Are you motivated to use technology as an enabler for the business? Are you able to help others see the big picture surrounding their needs and objectively evaluate the value a new idea could generate? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Systems Analyst to work alongside our Business Analysts and IT team to deliver technology solutions that improve our business and help achieve strategic objectives.
- Passion. For the Foundation's mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- A Continuous learner mindset. There is always something new to learn or a way to sharpen your skills. You lean into Agile methodologies to guide your way.
- Communication skills. You’re able to examine, interpret, and report across any level in writing and verbally.
- A Positive attitude. You’re a known self-starter who loves to find the most efficient ways to accomplish a task through paying high attention to the details.
- The Knowledge. You understand process/data flow documentation techniques, customer-centric systems and facilitating root cause analysis.
- Project management skills. You know how to plan and manage numerous processes, people, and projects simultaneously all while communicating seamlessly along the way.
- Experience. You have a detailed understanding of how systems and integrations work. Our ideal candidate has experience with SQL and QA.
- Champion the idea-to-implementation process. Work with our technical team to define technical requirements or user stories associated with delivering prioritized projects/features to provide solutions that create and enhance value for the Foundation.
- Provide overall analysis of current systems and system performance objectives. Research, test, and evaluate potential new technology
- Perform Testing. QA testing and defect reporting to software engineers to help deliver sprint commitments.
- Create Requirements. In the form of written documentation, diagrams, use cases, user stories, scenarios, screen mockups, flowcharts, reports, and acceptance criteria.
- Be the Expert. You will implement our framework for decision-making strategies, and utilize Lean and agile principles to define value and drive continuous improvements.
- Liaise between business analysts + end users + vendors + and IT personnel.
Love Where You Work:
- We’re in this together. A culture focused on kindness, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what’s right. We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. Competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match.
- We want to stay connected. We’ll hook you up with a company laptop and phone.
- We’ll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).