Sr. Financial Planning Analyst
Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
23 days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you enjoy working with others to see how using financial and operating information can improve outcomes? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Senior Financial Planning Analyst to work with our Carbon team to evaluate carbon forest projects and investments. This will be done through extensive financial modeling and communication with stakeholders to properly understand all aspects of investment decisions. You will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Build financial models to evaluate forest carbon projects.
- Advise stakeholders on the implications of future decisions.
- Create and maintain forecasts for income statement, cash flows and balance sheet.
- Engage with sector-wide efforts to develop funding sources, financing initiatives and new market mechanisms for carbon projects.
- Support sales and investment teams in reaching out to and engaging buyers and investors.
- Identify and analyze key metrics.
- Collaborate with internal business partners on strategy and product innovation.
Abilities & Skills:
- Financial modeling and scenario analysis skills, with an expert understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional analytical skills, an innate business acumen, detail-oriented and models the highest standards of accuracy.
- Great communicator who enjoys acting as a true business partner and taking opportunities to see things from someone else’s perspective.
- Bring information and analysis to support efforts and highlight new opportunities.
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results with a team-oriented approach; must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks against deadlines and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment. Highly organized.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Experience with SQL & Power BI (preferred).
Ideal Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- At least 5-7 years of financial analysis experience.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, paid parental leave, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of benefits at Arbor Day Farm.
- We care about your growth. We allocate 40+ hours annually for our team members to focus on learning and development.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years so we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).