Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you enjoy providing insights through data and excel at presenting complex information to others that is both understandable and action-oriented? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
We need a Software Engineer to architect, build, integrate and support systems.
- Software development experience. 3-5 years of software development experience.
- Critical thinking skills. Ability to brainstorm, identify core functionality, determine impact on systems and processes will be needed for this role.
- Strong communication. You can work in pairs or large groups and constructively relay your thoughts and ideas to technical and business team members.
- Great work ethic. You’re self-driven and able to work independently or with a team. You figure things out and deliver systems of value.
- Experience with these Technologies:
- Visual Studio, .NET framework, .NET Core and C#
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Azure (Web apps, SQL databases, Application Insights, Service Bus)
- Git Repos
- Azure Pipelines
- Design and create. Help architect and design web applications/services, backend systems, and analytical support systems. Use various forms of requirements including technical designs, user stories, acceptance criteria, flow diagrams, and API documentation to deliver working software.
- Support systems throughout the Foundation. Maintain an overall infrastructure of systems and applications designed to work together. Provide integrations to partner systems.
- Collaborate with multiple teams. Work with business users, project stakeholders, analysts, developers and project managers to ensure all business and technical visions are covered.
- Work within an agile team. Working for numerous departments we adapt to a very dynamic workload. We continually review our process and make adjustments to improve.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).