Public Relations & Media Manager
Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
9 days ago
Are you a force for good? Are you ready to amplify our stories in the media? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place where you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Public Relations & Media Manager to join our Marketing & Communications Team and help us activate the media to tell the world about the positive impact trees and forests have on people and the planet — and how the Arbor Day Foundation plays a critical role.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- Experience. You have 3-5 years of public relations experience. Bonus points for former journalists and writers.
- The skills. You inherently know what’s the “story” in a topic or situation and thrive taking that to journalists, reporters and producers to help them package a story. Building media lists, writing news releases and media alerts is nothing new to you.
- A desire for collaboration. You get energy from working as a team to amplify our Foundation’s planet-shaping impact through the media. Nothing we do is done in a silo.
- A to-do list for your to-do list. To do this job well, timing is everything. Planning and attention to detail is paramount.
- The audience in mind always. We talk trees and forests in a variety of ways and the same story may be told differently because of the audience at hand. You approach all PR work with the reader/viewer/listener in mind first.
- A writer’s mindset. A head full of information and a blank Word document doesn’t scare you. Whether it’s a news release, story pitch, op-ed or thought piece, writing is second nature for you.
- Amplify our stories in the media. Working alongside our Sr. Public Relations & Media Manager, you will craft compelling PR content for the appropriate media outlets and generate meaningful publicity of the Foundation’s mission, work and impact around the world.
- Execute. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and pitch media stories, create press releases, prep team members, and manage interviews across mediums and any other task associated with the world of media and PR.
- Work with media at all levels. You will work with local, regional, and national media – oftentimes in the same week as we tell stories about tree planting projects in-market while never losing sight of the national narrative around trees and forests in the climate change conversation.
- Story plan across teams. Our news comes from across the Foundation. You will collaborate with our teams to find stories and help determine the best way to package them to earn media coverage.
- Create B2B & B2C PR content. Whether connecting with a B2B or B2C audience, we create PR materials to meet our partners, supporters, and the public where they are.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).