Programs Event Specialist
Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
27 days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
- Experience. You’ve been organizing and executing events for at least 1-2 years. You likely have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- A positive attitude. You’re a known self-starter who loves to find the most efficient ways to accomplish a task through paying high attention to the details.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, trees, nature, and environmental stewardship.
- Top-notch organizational abilities. Your calendar has a calendar. Your back-up plan has a back-up plan.
- The Skills. You have what it takes to organize a flawless event. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to all, A+ ability to listen, detail management prowess the spirit that thrives in the stir of (very) organized chaos.
- Lead the planning and facilitate the execution of conferences. This will include live, virtual, and a combination of live/virtual conferences including our Partners in Community Forestry and Trees & Utilities Conferences.
- Work collaboratively. Partnering with other Foundation teams to identify, design, and implement new conference opportunities will be a core component of this role.
- Keep us organized. Establishing timelines, processes and systems to streamline the execution of the conferences, as well as other projects assigned.
- Keep us up to date. Communicating with internal team members and external partners/vendors on project status will be just as important as flawlessly executing events.
- Deliver service excellence internally and externally across multiple timelines.
- Own budgets. You will develop and oversee budget and related financials for conferences and other assigned projects.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).