Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place where you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Program Coordinator to join our Programs team with a focus on awarding grants to large-scale reforestation projects and building relationships with partner organizations domestically.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- Organizational abilities. You are a well-organized, detail-oriented individual, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Initiative. You love to pick up work and run with it, knowing others are counting on you. You can work independently and as a member of a team.
- Relationship Skills. You know building relationships is the cornerstone of a great experience for you, and those you work with.
- The ability to adapt. You thrive in an ever-evolving environment, working on multiple projects. You are creative in your ability to create and refine processes.
- A proven time management track record. You know relationships are built on trust by providing deliverables within expected timelines.
- Manage Relationships. With existing forestry partners such as, U.S. Forest Service, National Park Foundation, Bureau of Land Management, NGO’s, state parks, and state forestry.
- Source. Seek out new and innovative reforestation projects and partners across the country to meet Foundation and donor goals through rigorous research, planning, and execution. You can make connections between incoming funds and external projects.
- Support and collaborate. Serve as liaison with all internal teams to provide support for their initiatives and keep teams informed of project updates in an efficient and timely manner. Collaborate internally to manage project inventory, maintain ongoing records of project availability to ensure inventory control, and oversee revenue and expenditures.
- Be a storyteller through data. Learn and utilize multiple platforms used for inventory, proposals, and partner dashboards. Use metrics to share stories associated with project portfolios with service excellence.
- Coordinate and execute. You will coordinate project visits for funding partners as well as videography/photography as needed by Marketing and Communications. Execute and follow-up on all domestic partner contracts, MOU’s, and agreements. Stay engaged and up to date on committed project changes and updates.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).