Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Procurement Coordinator to support the Manager of Nursery Procurement in the administration and operations of the program.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- Relationship skills. You naturally build trusted relationships with individuals, vendors, and partners through thoughtful engagement and meeting timelines and deliverables.
- Drive. Your intrinsic need is to meet the needs of others by providing a positive experience to both internal and external partners.
- The right attitude. You’re positive, self-motivated, and have a high degree of professionalism.
- Organization: You are a well-organized individual with a continuous improvement mindset who thrives on keeping multiple project timelines and deliverables on track.
- Initiative. You love to pick up work and run with it, knowing others are counting on you. You can work independently and as a member of a team.
- Provide administrative support. Prequalify tree vendors for new product requests, create and distribute purchase orders to tree suppliers and drop shippers, and reconcile invoices with purchase orders.
- Source. Assist in locating regional suppliers for all programs. Gather comparable pricing information to meet Foundation goals through rigorous research, planning, and execution.
- Foster relationships. With existing procurement vendors and sourced prospects.
- Monitor and advance tree quality. Ensure trees are shipped within expected timelines and standards.
- Collaborate. With internal teams by forecasting project demand and curating member experience.
- Innovate. We want to hear your ideas and have you take initiative to improve efficiencies of internal systems and processes.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, paid parental leave, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of benefits at Arbor Day Farm.
- We care about your growth. We allocate 40+ hours annually for our team members to focus on learning and development.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years so we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).