Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you?
Arbor Day Carbon, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Arbor Day Foundation, is dedicated to ensuring quality carbon removal products are available for companies looking to have a meaningful impact on the future of our planet. With forest restoration and protection as our focus, we are leading the charge for the use of trees as a proven means to fight climate change, to benefit local people, and to restore nature. Arbor Day Carbon is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. We believe that life is short, you should love where you work.
Arbor Day Carbon is seeking a President to lead the advancement and impact of both our team and the carbon business. We are looking for a proven leader who has experience in helping teams realize goals and effectively leverage the support of adjacent parts of the organization to maintain the team’s momentum. This individual should have natural people and organizational instincts and strong business acumen. This person should feel comfort in a nuanced and complex market and be bold to make decisions that assume calculated risk.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people. Curiosity and desire to grow and cultivate expertise within the carbon markets.
- Experience. You’ve led teams, and successful businesses. Our ideal candidate may be a former founder or someone who has found success in leading an innovative business within a well-established business to drive growth. You have the proven ability to build and lead a team successfully resulting in a healthy culture and investment/growth pathways for team members.
- The Skills. You’re a gifted relationship builder (both internally and externally) who finds win/win partnerships. You drive decisions through strong financial acumen. You’re highly analytical, entrepreneurial and a strong interpersonal leader.
- The Knowledge. You know how to strategically build and lead a business and evolve it’s product offerings in order to produce strong financial results while building future runway and success.
- The Abilities. You’re in the practices of observing, testing, measuring, and iterating to drive continuous improvement. You can navigate a complex market, translating it with clarity and focus to the business strategy.
- Lead a team. Hire, develop, lead and guide a team to grow Arbor Day Carbon’s position in the market.
- Identify, evaluate, and cultivate key partners and relationships.
- Meet with the board. You will lead interactions with the board and other executives to assess the direction of your business and ensure synergy with the Foundation.
- Strategically assemble and lead a business that produces strong financial results.
- Navigate a complex market, translating it with clarity and focus to build a winning business strategy.
- Be an organizational leader, willing to collaborate and support the broader business lines of the Foundation.
- Convert vision and strategy to tactical and executable plans; rallying stakeholders around those plans.
- Have accountability to financial performance of carbon, ensuring all goals are met based on the strategic plans and adjusting to achieve goals.
- Champion culture. You will be responsible for leading the business in alignment with the stated principles, and ensuring a culture that aligns with the broader Foundation.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, paid parental leave, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly parking stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of benefits at Arbor Day Farm.
- We care about your growth. We allocate 40+ hours annually for our team members to focus on learning and development.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).