Marketing Strategy Director
Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
We need a Marketing Strategy Director to serve as a partner with our corporate partnership team and other key stakeholders in the organization to develop marketing strategies including cause and cobrand campaign development, marketing activations and content generation.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- Experience. The ideal candidate has spent 5-8 years in an agency or other marketing and communications roles with both B2C and B2B experience.
- A Proven Track Record. You’ve developed comprehensive marketing efforts that have built awareness, engaged target audiences and influenced action.
- Strong Communication Skills. You know how to bring others together around an idea or strategy in written and verbal forms.
- A Desire for Collaboration. Collaborating and acting as a liaison across multiple stakeholders is where you thrive.
- A People-First Positivity. You're fueled by being someone others can rely on for high-quality work delivered with a side of positivity.
- A To-Do List for your To-Do List. You're motivated, goal-oriented and love to manage projects and lead others to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
- Work Cross-Functionally. You'll work directly with our Corporate Partnerships team to help cultivate new marketing partnership opportunities, as well as with other functional areas within the organization needing marketing support.
- Provide Strategy. The team will rely on your strategic thought leadership and brand development expertise on a consistent basis, identifying insights and developing big ideas that drive brand affinity and growth.
- Plan, manage and execute fully integrated marketing programs and campaigns. Supporting foundation-wide efforts by overseeing key day-to-day activities and team members in the development of marketing strategies and tactics, project planning, writing creative briefs, budget management, and metrics reporting.
- Lead. All Marketing Managers and Marketing Coordinators will report to this role. Our leaders are positive and inspiring as they develop and direct the professional growth of their team. You will have particular emphasis on leadership, strategic thinking and management/training skills to ensure smooth collaboration and effective idea generation.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).