Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
30+ days ago
Are you a force for good? Do you have the gift of developing meaningful relationships, the ability to inspire others to action, and the communication skills to help donors see how their support can benefit others well into the future? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
We need a Development Officer with a passion to connect donors with opportunities that impact the world. Development Officers at the Foundation are responsible for planning and executing strategic gift proposals and positioning the Arbor Day Foundation to receive large, transformational gifts. This person will work collaboratively across departments to drive innovation, think creatively of existing and future program opportunities, drive story-telling organization wide, and elevate the Foundations vision for the future impact of our mission.
- Passion. For the Foundations mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- Experience. You've been in the development space for 3+ years. You understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop or strengthen relationships with the Foundation.
- A proven track record. Your history involves identifying prospects and closing large gifts on a reoccurring basis. You're a self-starter who regularly sets and achieves activities and result-driven goals.
- Curiosity. Someone who is a self-starter and creative thinker will thrive in this role. The ability to craft compelling stories is how you've established your success.
- A collaborative nature. You're seasoned in working with Executive leaders to help create long-term funding visions.
- Positivity. You see the best in people and situations and pair that with a strong work ethic and high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Meet goals. From monthly to quarterly goals for face-to-face visits, proposals submitted, and dollars raised, we set clear objectives for this role.
- Identify major gift prospects. You're no stranger to analyzing and predicting a donor's propensity, capacity and enthusiasm to give.
- Solicit major gift prospects. You'll move prospective major donors along the donor pipeline, managing a portfolio
- Be an expert storyteller. The work and impact of the Arbor Day Foundation drives how you secure donors. of 100-125 qualified relationships and prospective donors.
- Collaborate. This role acts as a bridge across the Foundation to help craft compelling and creative proposals.
- Own a market. You'll lead organizational efforts in identifying and winning opportunities, developing stewardship strategies that continue the major gift relationship for future and planned giving opportunities.
- Travel. This role travels roughly once a month or 25% of the time.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).