Arbor Day Foundation
Lincoln, NE, United States
18 days ago
Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Commemorative Coordinator to sit on our Ventures Team and support the Business Development Manager in the operations, marketing, and customer experience of the program.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- An eye for detail. You thrive in an environment where you can steward projects from start to finish, ensuring every "t" is crossed and "i" is dotted.
- Relationship skills. You naturally build trusted relationships with individuals, customers, and corporations through thoughtful engagement and meeting timelines and deliverables.
- Drive. Your intrinsic need is to meet the needs of others by providing a positive experience to both internal and external partners.
- The right attitude. You’re positive, self-motivated, and have a high degree of professionalism.
- Experience. You’ve spent one to two years in business operations or client services.
- Develop. You’ll improve processes and efficiencies with support teams internally as well as assist in optimizing the customer eCommerce experience for our Commemorative offerings, including collaboration with IT to optimize systems and processes across the site.
- Oversee operations. Commemorative Programs include Trees in Memory, Trees in Celebration, Give-A-Tree Cards, and Trees for Pets.
- Onboard and manage. Integrate new partners into various order processes and systems and manage all billing and invoicing processes for partners and vendors.
- Leverage CRM. Manage leads, opportunities, and partners within our B2B audiences.
- Strategize. Engage in creative, strategic thinking to develop meaningful and effective marketing campaigns for B2C and B2B audiences.
- Coordinate. You’ll work internally with our Experience Team to manage customer inquiries and provide solutions to deliver the best experience possible.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).