Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? Do you enjoy maintaining a safe, comfortable, and functional environment for employees and guests. The Arbor Day Foundation is a place where you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation:life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Building Manager to join the Experience Team. As the Building Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe and inspiring environment for our employees and guests while being responsible for leading building operations and regular facility maintenance.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- In-depth working knowledge. In facility operations, maintenance best practices, safety regulations, budget management and vendor negotiations.
- Effective communication skills. Both written and verbal skills and can interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Attention to detail. You take a proactive urgent approach to addressing issues and seeing opportunities.
- Problem solving skills. You can juggle multiple tasks, analyze, and solve problems and improve processes.
- A love for working on your feet. You must have the ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time and frequently lift and carry over 25 lbs. Ability to be on call 24/7 for any building issues/needs.
- Keep the building(s) in good working condition. Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs and oversee the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of Arbor Day Downtown Lincoln and our Processing and Fulfillment location in North Lincoln.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors. Coordinate with external vendors and contractors for specialized repairs and services.
- Budget Manage. Source and evaluate vendors, negotiate contracts, and ensure cost-effective service agreements. Manage annual/monthly budget for building expenses and capital plan.
- Communicate. Document requests and problems, and notify Team Arbor Day of upcoming projects, issues, or problems and how they will be addressed.
- Surprise and Delight. Identify and execute key hospitality processes and operations to ensure our team has an inspiring environment to work in, and our guests have a galvanizing experience.
- Keep health and safety top of mind. Establish and enforce safety protocols, ensuring compliance with regulations and best practices.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, paid parental leave, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly parking stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of benefits at Arbor Day Farm.
- We care about your growth. We allocate 40+ hours annually for our team members to focus on learning and development.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).