Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place where you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
As one of the world's largest conservation organizations, the Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. We help others understand and use trees as a solution to global issues (like air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty, and hunger) that are critical to survival.
The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking a Brand Copywriter to join our Marketing & Communications team to deliver fresh copy and creative concepts that deliver on Foundation marketing communication objectives through a variety of online and traditional marketing channels.
- Passion. For the Foundation’s mission, nature, environmental stewardship, and people.
- Experience. You know how to develop and execute needle-moving strategies, tactics and campaigns, and have a strong portfolio of work to back it up.
- A Collaborative Nature. You thrive in an environment of debate and collaboration. You engage others to gain diverse perspectives and feedback with curiosity and openness.
- Strong Communication Skills. You are a persuasive communicator with the ability to get your ideas across clearly and effectively, both in verbal and written form. You excel at translating complex ideas into simple and compelling copy.
- Endless Curiosity. You are eager to learn and explore. You bring energy and positivity to every challenge, applying simple rules, past experiences, and common sense to identify and articulate problems and solutions.
- Intrinsic Motivation. You have the desire to start something. You have the ability to work autonomously, anticipating next steps and prioritizing your workload to properly manage projects from concept through completion.
- Collaborate with the in-house creative team and external creators to drive marketing campaigns and related projects from conceptualization to roll-out, ensuring all communications contribute to advancing the brand strategy and vision.
- Produce memorable headlines, inspiring scripts and engaging copy that works across channels and exemplifies an extensive understanding of audience personas while adhering to the brand strategy and voice.
- Evaluate and interpret communication needs of internal teams and stakeholders to effectively develop content, creative strategies, concepts, and tactics.
- Plan, produce and direct video production and storytelling content creation. Some travel required.
Love Where You Work:
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).