Assistant Site Manager - Angelo Solar
Apex Clean Energy
San Angelo, TX, United States
5 days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of over 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex seeks Assistant Site Managers to join us and work with our team of onsite construction managers to help lead the construction of utility-scale solar energy, and battery storage projects to support our portfolio across the United States. As an Assistant Site Manager at Apex, you will be located on-site at a project throughout its construction lifecycle (typically 12-18 months). These projects are located in various parts of the United States. Reporting to and supporting the Site Manager, this role will help to manage relationships with various stakeholders and interface with other groups of the Project Management Department.
Our Assistant Site Managers occupy a multi-faceted role and provide technical support for projects entering into and under construction for utility-scale renewable energy projects. The position requires cross-functional skills as you’ll be performing a variety of field level tasks, supporting various site team disciplines, and collaborating with site team and home office team members. You will collaborate with third-party engineering firms and effectively put together solutions to project issues, interfacing with renewable energy equipment OEMs, and providing technical support, as needed. You’ll be assigned to a specific project, so travel is a must. You will be expected to support and coordinate with local officials and the community, site project facilities and ensure that quality standards are met during field evaluations and construction.
Our ideal candidate is an individual who wants to grow within the renewable energy business, is action-oriented, a hard-working team player who can jump in and support projects from a variety of angles. This position requires excellent communication and writing skills as well as the ability to balance priorities and shift needs on the go. A passion for renewable energy is a must.
Hours: Full Time
Department: Project Management
Location: Project Site Based
Your primary responsibilities as an Assistant Site Manager include:
- Leadership – as the Assistant Site Manager you will always be representing the project, especially when the Site Manager is not on site. Understanding the work, maintaining the highest quality, holding the team accountable for safety and promoting Apex’s Core Values are all integral to this position.
- Organizational Skills – This is a key requirement for an assistant site manager role. You must be able to prioritize workloads, problems, and the needs of all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Communication Skills – Is in regular communication with the multidisciplinary team. They have to be able to outline project deliverables, understand problems and convey effective workarounds to members of the team to ensure the project continues as intended. Also, likely to have direct communication with stakeholders at all levels (including suppliers, management, and project staff), have to be able to understand and adjust to the priorities of each.
- Problem Solving Abilities – They are ultimately responsible for the technical aspects of a project; they must support the effort to find appropriate solutions for problems as they arise.
- Keen Attention to Detail – They must be able to focus on many tasks at once while still maintaining close attention to the details of each.
- Commercial Awareness – Critical to this role, an Assistant site manager must understand and support the commercial awareness to deliver project outcomes on schedule and on budget, while still maintaining its safety.
- Decisiveness – Will be required to support those team members to make significant decisions on a routine basis. Must be able to assess and understand the facts involved before reaching an objective decision that the team will be fully accountable for.
To succeed as an Assistant Site Manager at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering or related physical science (preferred)
- At least five or six years of relevant experience (utility scale solar experience preferred but not required)
- General understanding and work experience with construction. Familiarity with utility-scale wind and/or solar construction preferred.
- Experience with project controls for industrial engineering, procurement, and construction
- Must have some training in project management techniques
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- High standard of integrity and reliability
- Able to read, write, understand, and speak English proficiently
- Employee is frequently required to walk in fields and other uneven terrain. The employee is also occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Willing to be work at a project site, with R&R trips home approximately every three weeks.
- Willing to work from our headquarters in Charlottesville, VA, on a periodic basis.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required upon employment
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.