Project Assurance Analyst
Apex Clean Energy
Richmond, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking a Project Assurance Analyst to support project optimization, financing, quality control, and handover from construction into initial operations to ensure consistent design, planning, financing, execution, and operation of Apex’s clean energy projects.
This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and shift priorities on the go. The successful candidate will be well organized, with solid analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize and conceptualize complex ideas. A passion for renewable energy is a plus.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Exempt
- Department: Asset Management
- Travel: 0%
- Office Location: Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Lead technical due diligence and technical project support to various stakeholders for projects in late stage of development and commercialization through early operations of renewable energy projects.
- Develop, implement, and operate risk mitigation, quality assurance, and project monitoring process by performing risk and impact assessment, quality reviews, operational readiness analysis and other business monitoring and control activities
- Collaboratively facilitate the successful handover of renewable energy assets into initial operations
- Prepare reports and communicate with external clients and partners on status and progress of projects approaching and through commercial operation and ensure projects successfully achieve client and customer’s business objectives
- Provide support and advisory services to the Asset Manager, Project Manager and internal stakeholders in tailoring execution and project delivery
- Formalize and conduct post-implementation reviews, lead lessons learned, and document best practices that can be applied to future and project initiatives.
To succeed as a Project Assurance Analyst at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in science, engineering and/or energy systems
- 5+ years of renewable energy experience preferably in asset management and/or construction management or project engineering
- Knowledge of renewable energy design, development, operations, technology, and technical due diligence and financing of renewable energy projects
- Knowledge and experience in wind and solar renewables generation projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, and work ethic
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and problem solve with minimum supervision
- Project management experience
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Location: Willing and able to work from our Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.