Public Affairs Associate
Apex Clean Energy
Lake Elmo, MN, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking an energetic and organized administrative professional to join our Public Affairs Department as a Public Affairs Associate. In this role, you will help to support the 20-person Public Affairs team with administrative tasks (85%) as well as light graphic design support (15%).
The right candidate will be a hard-working team player who enjoys jumping in to support team needs from a variety of angles. Reporting to the Public Affairs Design Manager, this Public Affairs Associate position requires excellent communication and exemplary organizational skills, a superb ability to keep track of multiple activities and deadlines, and a comfort with shifting priorities. Our ideal candidate has demonstrated work experience with administrative duties, data entry and maintenance, basic graphic design and website editing, and comfort using multiple software platforms. A passion for renewable energy is desired.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Department: Public Affairs
- Travel: 0-5%
- Office Location: Apex's satellite office in Lake Elmo, MN (just outside of Minneapolis, MN)
- Work closely with the Public Affairs Design Manager to support the administrative needs for the full Public Affairs team
- Manage, update, and maintain Apex’s media tracking activities and reporting for each project using a media tracking management service
- Update and maintain Apex’s proprietary digital resource library
- Data entry, website updates, and general team support with the NationBuilder platform
- Assist with collecting, uploading, and updating project data and information
- Submit, manage, and track the filing of purchase requests
- Manage the Public Affairs team credit cards, including collecting all receipts, preparing reports for the accounting team monthly, and making purchases for members of the Public Affairs team as needed
- Compile, submit, and track orders for promotional and marketing materials like shirts, hats, cups, and novelty items
- Assist with mailing of marketing and communications materials as needed
- Assisting the Design Manager with updates and edits to project information sheets, event invitations, and other printed and online collateral using Adobe Design Suite
- Provide logistical support and support vendor management for event-planning and community outreach needs
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
To succeed as a Public Affairs Associate at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in administration or project administration
- Passion for administration and project administration
- Demonstrated exceptional planning and organizational skills, and a systems-oriented mindset
- A positive, patient, adaptable, and helpful demeanor to assist with a wide variety of activities
- A team-oriented attitude and a willingness to jump in to support the team in any way needed
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and productively with limited supervision
- Expertise utilizing Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop)
- Familiarity with web-based content management systems (i.e. WordPress, Drupal, Perch, etc.)
- Familiarity preferred with NationBuilder or similar content management software, and Phone2Action or similar advocacy software
- Excitement for learning new technology platforms as needs emerge
- Exemplary standards of honor, ethics, quality, communication, and productivity
- Professional appearance and manner
- High attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamic needs of the team
- Adaptable to new processes, systems, and technology
- Willing to work from Apex’s satellite office in Lake Elmo, Minnesota (post COVID-19)
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.