Graphic Design Associate
Apex Clean Energy
Lake Elmo, MN, United States
18 days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking a graphic design specialist to join our Public Affairs Department as a Design Associate. The ideal candidate will have industry-related experience and will be a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, energetic team environment. The candidate will design high-quality, creative graphics and document layouts consistent with the company’s brand identity for print, digital, and web applications. In this role, you will work closely with Public Affairs team and sometimes other departments across Apex to help achieve public affairs objectives through graphic design and visual storytelling that supports Apex’s work to accelerate the shift to a clean energy future.
- Create high-quality visual content, including infographics, invitations, newsletters, advertisement, maps, logos, and other visualizations for print and digital use
- Collaborate with the team across all phases of design from conception through approvals,
- Translating complex ideas into striking visuals and adapting when a change in direction is needed
- Proactively conceive of new ways to communicate the Apex brand through graphic design and
- Data visualization, elevating and iterating on Apex’s established look and feel
- Lead selection, implementation, and integration of design tools and stay abreast of design trends
- Follow Apex identity and brand guidelines for all design work
To succeed as a Graphic Design Associate at Apex Clean Energy, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
3 years of experience in graphic design and data visualization for print and digital
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop at a minimum)
- A clear understanding of design principles, layout, color theory, and typography
- Web design experience is a plus, but not required
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under the pressure of time-sensitive and competing deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional attention to detail, and flexibility toward shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Interest in the renewable energy space
- Willing to work in one of our offices in either our Lake Elmo, MN or Charlottesville, VA
Additional required submissions
- Design portfolio
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.