Transaction Support Specialist - Legal
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
23 days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of just over 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking a Transaction Support Specialist to join its corporate legal team. The Transaction Support Specialist will work closely with our team of attorneys and report directly to the Legal Transaction Support Manager to support project financing and M&A transactions for our utility-scale renewable energy projects.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or at least two years of relevant professional experience in a corporate setting. Our ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is detail-oriented and demonstrates initiative. A genuine interest in renewable energy projects and sophisticated corporate transactions is the greatest indicator of success for this position.
The position will work day-to-day with members of the legal team and will coordinate regularly across all departments, with a focus on supporting corporate transactions at the center of Apex's business. If you welcome new challenges as learning opportunities and have the skills and discipline to follow through on both small tasks and large projects, we encourage you to apply to join our growing team.
- Assist in managing internal diligence and data room preparation for project finance and M&A transactions.
- Review project contracts and analyze key terms and summarize such terms in internal databases and trackers.
- Assist in creation of disclosure schedules for M&A and finance transactions.
- Prepare initial drafts of notices, assignment agreements, and other ancillary transaction documents.
- Maintain internal documentation management systems.
- Coordinate across Company departments with internal subject matter experts to obtain project specific information in connection with M&A and finance transactions.
- Assist internal counsel with managing project closing process and tracking of transaction documents.
- Must be willing to work in our Charlottesville office
To succeed as a Transaction Support Specialist at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll meet many of the following criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Genuine interest in both renewable energy and sophisticated corporate transactions.
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills to manage numerous and sometimes competing responsibilities of varying urgency and criticality within a fast-paced work environment.
- Hardworking, detail-oriented, responsive and adaptable to what the situation dictates, including possessing the diligence to advance matters independently, combined with the strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse team.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and professionalism to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team-oriented perspective.
Works from Apex’s corporate headquarters in Charlottesville, VA. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit. Apex will provide relocation assistance.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.