Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30 days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking a Title Analyst to assist in ordering and processing title commitments, performing title curative work, and obtaining title insurance policies in support of the development, financing, construction, and operation of utility-scale renewable energy projects.
This individual will be a valuable contributor to the Land Management Team and will support all activities related to title analysis in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Being responsible, reliable, quick and accurate, and with a can-do attitude are essential. Having superior attention to detail, possessing strong customer support skills and dependability are key success characteristics of a land Title Analyst.
The land title group supports all title related matters across Apex’s more than 1-million-acre land base. This role requires a thorough understanding of land records and legal descriptions, and the ability to “deep-dive” and problem solve on challenging ownership and encumbrance puzzles. He or she will have the opportunity to work on high-level and interesting projects located across the country.
This role offers the opportunity to join a dynamic team of professionals who provide Apex stakeholders with best-in-class land management services. The successful candidate will also have the chance to work in an innovative team environment on complex and unique challenges, all while based in a university city consistently ranked as one of the country’s best places to live.
- Order and process title insurance commitments, draft and record title curative documents, and review ALTA surveys.
- Edit title proformas, prepare legal exhibits, and draft other documents related to project financing.
- Track status of title work and report to internal and external parties the necessary information required to obtain title insurance policies for project financing.
- Research deeds, analyze county tax parcel and GIS data, and maintain data related to title documents and other agreements in the land database.
- Provide support to land team and real estate attorneys on a variety of real estate related tasks.
To succeed as our Title Analyst at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to display excellence within the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Title and/or Real Estate Paralegal experience
- Ability to understand legal descriptions; Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work assignments and projects.
- Ability to collaborate with peers, clients and managers to create alignment with business and to meet assigned goals.
- Must be a strong problem solver with an inquisitive mind and willing to ask questions.
- Must possess a superior attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be highly accountable for self, work responsibilities and meeting team goals.
- Works effectively in a team environment where trust, respect, and doing your fair share of the workload is instrumental to Land Title’s success.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required as well as a strong ability to utilize a variety of technologies to streamline workflow.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.