Supply Chain Manager
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 360 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to lead implementation of sourcing strategy for major renewable energy technology. This role will provide our team with a high level of professional expertise, guidance, and training in procurement, logistics, and supply chain management for renewable energy equipment. This role will initiate and conduct technical support, financial evaluation, and secure industry leading equipment for renewable energy systems in development, construction, and operation. Reporting to our Senior Vice President Technology, this position will interact with multiple departments to ensure relevant data and analysis drives decision making and overall project quality. The candidate for this position should be adaptable and capable of working with an energetic team of professionals and should be intimately familiar with principles of supply chain management for renewable energy systems including wind turbine generators, and especially solar PV systems and battery energy storage. Working closely with internal stakeholders, this work will involve coordinating technology sourcing strategies for individual projects, portfolios, and across multiple technologies.
Hours/Type: Full Time, Exempt
- This role is responsible for securing industry-leading technology, equipment, and services for renewable energy projects with optimal performance, total cost of ownership, quality, and safety.
- Working with technical leaders in wind, solar, energy storage, and other technologies, define and implement Supply Chain strategies for major equipment and long-term services across these technologies. Conduct thorough market, materials, and commodity analysis and forecasts to support strategic sourcing.
- Lead, perform, or coordinate detailed vendor analysis and supplier qualification and diligence to support strategic sourcing. Launch and manage, RFP, RFI, RFQ or other tendering as required to implement sourcing strategy and plans. Manage documentation and specification and coordinate and align multiple specialists across Apex departments.
- Lead, coordinate, or support contracting efforts across the technologies and projects. Support, plan, and negotiate strategic and major supply agreements. Direct, organize, contribute to, and arrange techno-economic evaluation, financial modeling, and business case presentation to executive management to support contract execution.
- Design, evolve, and improve optimal procurement processes for renewable energy projects.
- Partner with Project Management, Construction, and Development teams to implement strategy and support delivery of projects on time and under budget.
- Collaborate with project teams to define cost reduction or performance optimization roadmaps and implement initiatives to achieve targets
To succeed as our Supply Chain Manager, you’ll need to excel within the
- Degree in a Science, Engineering, or technical discipline as appropriate. MBA or advanced degree in supply chain management or operations research preferred.
- Typically has 5+ years of professional experience in supply chain or procurement functions including at least 3 years in renewable energy
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain analysis and long term planning
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in the form of formal presentation and routine technical discussions among peers; good interpersonal and communication skills; proficient technical writing skills
- Ambition to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented team with a strong commitment to coaching and development
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required upon employment
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.