Senior Accounts Payable Accountant
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking an Sr. Accounts Payable Accountant to join our accounting team. In this position you be responsible for reviewing vendor invoices, applying invoices to purchase orders and routing invoices for internal approval.
The ideal candidate will need to be responsible, dependable, accurate, and have a positive attitude. This position requires attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
You will be working with the accounts payable department to process invoices, verify vendor debits, credits, account reconciliation, and other important AP responsibilities.
Review AP invoice coding
Analyze open invoices
Assist with compiling a weekly payment list
Prepare invoice accruals
Reconcile general ledger accounts and related adjusting entries
Review vendor invoices
Apply invoices to purchase orders
Communicate with internal teams regarding invoices
Communicate with vendors regarding payments
Other responsibilities as assigned
To succeed as Sr. Accounts Payable Accountant at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field of study.
5+ years of experience in accounting, accounts payable or similar experience.
Advanced Excel skills
Accounts payable experience including invoice coding, weekly payment analysis and accruals
Ability to complete GL account reconciliations and enter adjusting entries
Excellent communications skills
Understanding of accounting principals
Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
Ability to work independently
Strong data analysis skills
Attention to detail
Experience in project accounting is a plus
Ability to work in Charlottesville, Virginia
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.