Resource Assessment Summer Associate (Intern)
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking a summer associate to work with our technology & energy assessment team on testing systems and creating new methods to support our development projects. The candidate will work with applications and analysis related to meteorological towers, remote sensing units, wind layout design software (Openwind), and on other assignments as needed. The role will focus on developing new methods to advance the wind turbine layout design process.
- Building new tools or methods to aid in the resource assessment process
- Assisting in research as needed on industry standards
- Testing additional functionality in resource assessment tools for process improvement
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Programming, Meteorology, Systems Engineering, or Applications Development or a related field
- Experience in SQL, SSIS, VBA, or Python, is required
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written form are required
- Previous Wind Energy or Solar Energy experience is a plus
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Paid Internship: Undergrad $15/Hour; Grad $25/Hour
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.