Project Support Coordinator - Finance
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
The Finance team is seeking a Diligence Support Associate, Finance to support the team and project finance transactions. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the processes and reporting of the group, organizing project due diligence materials in support of project financings, and providing administrative support to the team.
The Diligence Support Associate, Finance position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and shift priorities on the go. The successful candidate will be well organized, with solid analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize and conceptualize complex ideas.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Department: Finance
- Travel: 0%
- Office Location: HQ in downtown Charlottesville, VA
Develop, improve and manage processes that support the efficient coordination of the Project Finance team and reporting on status of group activity to management
- Prepare virtual data rooms as needed for project due diligence to support the financing of wind and solar energy projects. This will include setting up and maintaining data rooms, gathering responses to written Q&A requests from investors, and scheduling calls with Apex subject matter experts and potential investors.
- Coordinate with the Apex Marketing team to develop and maintain marketing materials used by the Finance team including Project overviews, PowerPoint presentations and Confidential Information Memoranda for financings.
- Manage logistics for on and offsite meetings and coordinate schedules for conferences.
- Administrative support for the group including purchase orders.
- On an as-needed basis, research new market opportunities and prospective investors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years professional work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to foster cohesive teamwork that delivers best-in-class service to clients
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized; able to juggle competing demands and follow through on deliverables with minimal supervision
- Professional presence with strong communication skills
- Builds trust by demonstrating high ethical standards and personal integrity
- Analytical problem solver who views obstacles as challenges
- Location: Willing and able to work from our Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- All employees hired after February 1, 2022 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and associate booster vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.