Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
We hire Project Development Summer Associates that are passionate about sustainable clean energy. They will support the team in all aspects of project development. Each summer associate will support the development team in desktop and field support in furtherance of solar and wind project development and have responsibility for a unique project or initiative over the summer, such as a capstone or applied research project to be defined by Apex and the candidate to the mutual benefit of both parties.
- Assist team with management of the pipeline of projects in development.
- Provide analytical support for project planning and management, including site control, permitting, scheduling and budgeting.
- Opportunities for fieldwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field
- Course work or experience in the energy industry; renewable energy experience preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Smartsheet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in Charlottesville, Virginia
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Paid Internship: Undergrad $15/Hour; Grad $25/Hour
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.