Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking a Measurements Coordinator to facilitate the installation, monitoring, and all associated services pertaining to the performance of measurement assets to support Apex Clean Energy’s portfolio of development projects. This position will report directly to the Director of Energy Assessment and drive commercial activity with respect to operation of the company’s measurement systems and assets including but not limited to meteorological (MET) towers, anemometers and other weather sensors, and SoDAR and Lidar units. The Measurements Coordinator will report to the Director of Energy Assessment and work closely with our small Energy Assessment Team and the Development Team to optimize the cost, reliability, and accuracy of on-site measurements thereby supporting overall project quality through measurements. The Measurements Coordinator will also be responsible for researching, interviewing, and recommending service providers and equipment suppliers and all associated services, and finally ensuring success in implementation and operation of measurement assets.
The right candidate will be a hands-on, hard-working team player with excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and the flexibility to shift priorities on the go. A passion for renewable energy is a plus.
- Coordinating field operations including meteorological asset installations and maintenance
- Ensure that the tower and all sensors communicate properly
- Report on the health of the meteorological fleet
- Maintain and troubleshoot MET tower systems and communications
- Interface with on-site construction and management regarding equipment/parts availability, proper construction, and any issues related to technician tasks
- Work within and ensure strict adherence to all safety and environmental procedures
- Coordinate with multiple departments across the company
- Understand and execute job site risk and safety control
- Understand information technology and database applications as needed
- Support commissioning inspections and thoroughly document and report to management all information needed for commissioning reports, major discrepancy reports, photographic records, equipment, inventory, parts usage reports, programming and installation of met towers.
- Assist in building tools to analyze meteorological data
- Occasional travel to project sites
To succeed as a Measurements Coordinator at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field or 2-3 years of professional experience in engineering or a related technical field accepted in lieu of a degree
- Experience with measurement, data, and location/geographic systems
- Experience using navigational equipment with and without internet data. MET towers are often deployed in remote areas with limited access and poorly marked boundaries
- Commitment to working safely
- Previous professional experience working on low voltage electrical systems a plus
- Demonstrable experience resolving technological issues
- Demonstrated ability to write and present clear and concise reports on installation progress, system issues and safety
- Demonstrated ability to write code in Python preferred
- Previous professional experience working in the renewable energy industry on wind and/or solar utility-scale projects preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures, business units, and with external parties to influence people and drive change in the best interest of Apex Clean Energy and our projects
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written form
- High attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak English proficiently
- Must be willing to work from our headquarters in Charlottesville, VA
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required upon employment
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.