Marketing and Communications Summer Associate (Intern)
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is currently seeking a summer associate to support corporate marketing and communications initiatives. We are looking for candidates with an interest in traditional and digital marketing; writing, copy editing, and organizational skills; the ability to multitask effectively; and an eye for design.
- The summer associate will work on one or two longer-term projects over the summer tied to departmental priorities (e.g., graphic design, content creation/distribution, digital campaigns, market analysis)
- In addition to main projects, assist on ad hoc writing, editing, design, and social media projects as needed
- Other potential work includes:
- Help with branding and design, including building and maintaining templates, fielding requests from Apex staff, and ensuring brand consistency across Apex products
- Support the writing, editing, and production of all external-facing corporate marketing and communication materials, including the corporate website, social media posts, proposals and presentations, brochures and one-pagers, and news releases
- Opportunities to support on customer-oriented communications and corporate video and photo projects
- Support with community outreach efforts
- Completed or in pursuit of BA with a focus on marketing, communications, English, journalism, or a related field
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat); Adobe Premiere Pro experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and analytics
- Website content management system experience a plus
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Paid Internship: Undergrad $15/Hour; Grad $25/Hour
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.