Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking a Leasing Analyst to prepare and process leases and other land related documents in support of the development, financing, construction, and operation of utility-scale renewable energy projects.
This individual will be a valuable contributor to the Land Management Team and will support all activities related to lease analysis in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Being responsible, reliable, quick and accurate, and with a can-do attitude are essential. Having a superior attention to detail, possessing strong customer support skills and dependability are key success characteristics of a land leasing analyst.
The Land Lease group supports all aspects of land lease management across Apex’s more than 1-million-acre land base. This role requires a thorough understanding of real estate contract terms and conditions, the ability to understand and interpret complex legal documents, and the ability to “deep-dive” and problem solve on challenging legal ownership and encumbrance puzzles. The successful candidate holds a bachelor’s degree or higher with at least one year of experience in a real estate or related field. A positive, collaborative attitude is essential for success in this position
This role offers the opportunity to join a dynamic team of professionals who provide Apex stakeholders with best-in-class land management services. The successful candidate will also have the chance to work in an innovative team environment on complex and unique challenges, all while based in a university city consistently ranked as one of the country’s best places to live.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Exempt
- Department: Land Management
- Travel: 0%
- Office Location: Apex's Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Production of leases and other land agreements including deed research, analysis of county tax and GIS data, and document preparation
- Maintenance of data related to leases and other agreements in lease tracking database
- Coordination with project developers and contract land agents to provide documents in a timely manner to support land acquisition efforts
- Other miscellaneous administrative tasks related to the development, financing, construction, and operation of renewable energy projects
To succeed as our Leasing Analyst at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to display excellence within the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Minimum 1-year related experience with preference given to candidates with strong computer skills, legal drafting, appraisal or title experience
- Must possess knowledge of real estate contract terms and conditions and must have the ability to understand and interpret legal documents
- Able to work closely with cross-functional teams of internal and external resources
- Able to project a positive image of the company and cultivate and maintain positive relationships within the Company and with external parties
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills
- Prior experience with county GIS systems and plotting software a plus
- Willing and able to work from our Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- All employees hired after February 1, 2022 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and associate booster on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.