Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
We hire Information Technology Summer Associates that are passionate about technology. The summer associate will be provided with an opportunity to receive hands-on training in IT and professional development while working closely with the information technology team.
- Learn and develop skills in information technology and helpdesk services.
- Develop skills to communicate with professionals across disciplines through daily interactions and weekly meetings.
- Assist staff in performing system management and maintenance functions.
- Assist in installation of PC hardware and software for end users.
- Assist in network, software, and hardware troubleshooting.
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance and upgrades on servers.
- Create and update user and technical documentation.
- Assist in managing, maintaining, developing, designing and updating the intranet.
- Run calls to troubleshoot end user problems for computers, desk phones, conferencing systems, and mobile devices.
- Assist with Cybersecurity upgrades.
- Perform special projects as determined by the Information Technology team.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree candidate in relevant field or relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Tenacious problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideally able to start in May.
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Paid Internship: Undergrad $15/Hour; Grad $25/Hour
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.