Human Resources Coordinator
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking a self-motivated and experienced Human Resources Coordinator to support our busy Human Resources Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing general administrative support across the department to include activities such as owning the new hire onboarding process in our HRIS, maintaining and managing personnel records, assisting with benefits, payroll, and ad-hoc projects, as well as updating internal HR databases. Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, this position requires an organized, detail-oriented person who can work independently as well as part of a team. Our ideal candidate is organized, can adapt to constant change, shifting demands, moving timelines, and can anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
- Provide daily administrative support to the Human Resources team.
- Oversees new hire onboarding process withing HRIS
- Responsible for maintenance of digital and physical employee records.
- Assist with creating, updating and maintaining company policies ensuring legal compliance.
- Assist with benefits, payroll, and ad-hoc projects.
- Supports employees and tracks FMLA or related leave requests
- Provides administrative support in immigration and visa matters
- Keeps up to date with HR trends and best practices
- Other responsibilities as assigned
To succeed as a Human Resources Coordinator at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- At least 2 years administrative support experience required
- Previous experience in human resources desired
- Experience with standard hiring practices, such as scheduling interviews and completing onboarding processes
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Competent using Microsoft 365 suite of products
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willing and able to work from our headquarters in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia
What Apex Can Offer You
- A mission-driven, energetic environment
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.