Human Resources Associate, Talent
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Founded in 2009, Apex Clean Energy is an independent renewable energy company focused on bringing utility-scale generation facilities to market, from site origination and financing to turnkey construction and long-term asset management. With a team of over 200 professionals and the nation’s largest renewable energy project portfolio, Apex is a leader in the transition to a clean energy future. For more information, visit www.apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking an experienced HR professional to join our team, bringing broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from diversity to compliance.
Concentrated focus for this role will be the talent acquisition function. You will be responsible for the full-life cycle recruitment process, including working closely with hiring managers, determining job requirements, sourcing top-notch candidates, screening candidates, managing candidate communications, and forecasting hiring needs. You will also be focused on executing on diversity measures and promoting our employee value proposition externally via recruitment partnerships and events, social media, and other recruitment initiatives.
To ensure success, you should possess extensive experience in talent acquisition, comfort with managing 20 open requisitions, and have extensive experience attracting the right candidate for each role. Our ideal candidate will have talent acquisition experience in the renewable energy or related industry.
While talent acquisition will be a main area of focus, your role as an Associate on our team will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, including employee relations, compensation planning, administering employee benefits, and helping the team to craft best-in-class HR policies and programs. This role will also be directly responsible for creating, developing, and executing diversity, equity and inclusivity (DEI) initiatives that promote DEI across the company. Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources within the Administration Department and working intimately with the other members of the HR Team, you will help to strategize, manage, implement, and lead on key people processes and programs within your areas of responsibility in an effort to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
Location: Charlottesville, VA (post COVID-19)
- Liaising with internal departments to determine recruitment needs
- Determining selection criteria, hiring profiles, and job requirements for vacant positions
- Sourcing potential candidates through online company career portals, recruitment sites, job boards, social platforms, events, and partnerships
- Managing hiring processes via Applicant Tracking Systems
- Evaluating applications and screening candidates via calls or emails, as well as facilitating pre-interview assessments
- Compiling interview questions and conducting in-person or video call interviews with candidates
- Preparing hiring forecasts as part of the company's strategic planning
- Documenting processes and fostering good relationships with potential candidates and past applicants
- Developing hiring strategies and procedures in line with industry trends, as well as keeping informed of advancements in the field
- Build best in class processes and programs to support the diversity strategy and help us to deliver on our DEI aspirations
- Develop and manage the diversity reporting metrics to analyze accurate interpretation of results
- Conduct employee onboarding
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Help maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form, as needed
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Human Resources Certified Professional via an accredited organization (SHRM or HRCI)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Human Resources Management preferred
- 2+ years of experience and proven success as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, experience in the renewable energy industry or related preferred
- Experience managing at least 15 open requisitions regularly
- Proficiency in Applicant Tracking Systems
- Ability to liaise with internal departments and develop hiring strategies and profiles
- Advanced knowledge of effective hiring platforms that attract suitable applicants
- Exceptional ability to screen candidates, compile shortlists, and interview candidates
- Experience in creating awareness of the company brand and establishing professional relationships with candidates
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaboration skills including the ability to integrate and act upon diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrable experience using HR data to draw meaningful insights and recommendations
- Proficiency in core HR disciplines such as employee relations, talent management, compensation and benefits administration, and learning and development.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail, with experience executing complex and long-term projects involving cross-functional stakeholders
- Polished communicator with the ability to advise business leaders, facilitate small and large group sessions, and navigate sensitive situations with tact
- Comfortable working with distributed teams in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
What Apex Can Offer You
- A mission-driven, energetic environment
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.