Government Affairs Summer Associate (Intern)
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
14 days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
We hire Government Affairs Summer Associates that are passionate about sustainable clean energy. Our Summer Associates support the Government Affairs team in all aspects of legislative and regulatory analysis at both the State and Federal level. This role will focus on monitoring and analyzing various legislative, regulatory, and political environments to identify, evaluate and report on actions that could impact Apex’s efforts in accelerating the shift to clean energy. This associate will work closely with the Government Affairs team to conduct high-quality legislative and regulatory analysis, influence government agencies and stakeholders, and drive the future development of renewable energy projects in markets across the country.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis on trends and issues in climate, environment, land-use and energy policy.
- Draft memos, whitepapers, letters of support and other documents on renewable energy for various audiences.
- Assist with coverage and engagement at legislative hearings, state regulatory proceedings, and stakeholder meetings.
- As needed, represent Apex through industry associations, consultants, and coalition policy calls.
- Track, monitor and analyze legislation related to renewable energy – including but not limited to utility scale and distribution level wind, solar, battery storage, and green hydrogen.
- Enter and maintain data in various data bases and systems including but not limited to NationBuilder, Smartsheet, and PowerSuite.
- Research to support the company’s position with external partners and policymakers.
- A passion for renewable energy and energy policy issues.
- Pursuing a degree in a related field.
- Exceptional leadership, collaboration, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate to internal and external audiences
- Ability to gather, analyze, and understand complex data and policy issues to summarize key points.
- Works well under pressure, with an ability to focus both on detail and the larger picture.
- Experience working on policy issues or understanding of legislative and regulatory processes a plus.
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Paid Internship: Undergrad $15/Hour; Grad $25/Hour
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.