Finance Summer Associate (Intern)
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
8 days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
What you’ll do:
We hire Finance Summer Associates that are passionate about clean energy. Our summer associates support the Finance and Development teams in all aspects of project finance, including asset M&A and debt and tax equity financings. Additionally, Finance Summer Associates will help oversee the incorporation of contract terms, revenue and operating assumptions, cash flows, tax benefits, and other assumptions into financial models. Each summer associate will have responsibility for a unique project or initiative.
- Assists with financial modeling of utility-scale renewable energy projects in support of project financing transactions
- Assists with modeling economics and terms of project documents
- Assists with the creation of key marketing documents, including teasers, Confidential Information Memorandums, and financial models
- Helps maintain support files to justify project assumptions
- Assists with sensitivity analysis on project financial performance
- Performs a unique project
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate degree candidate with a strong academic record; MBA candidate preferred
- Course work or experience in the energy industry and/or project finance
- Renewable energy experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel modeling skills
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Pay: $25 per hour
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.