Executive Vice President of Clean Retail
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Primary Purpose of the Position
Apex Clean Energy is launching a Retail Electric Provider, with the ambition to provide clean energy directly to retail customers. Given the scale of its development portfolio, Apex is in a unique position to offer customers a clean energy retail product that can provide additionality, locationality, and improved time of day load matching. Through the creation of a Retail Electric Provider, Apex can help link renewable energy facilities and end-customers to democratize renewable energy at scale.
We are seeking an Executive Vice President of Clean Retail to develop and implement a business plan that will propel Apex’s new Clean Retail business towards increased market share and greater brand recognition. Reporting directly to the President and CEO of Apex Clean Energy and working closely with the Executive Team and other internal Apex Clean Energy groups, the President, Clean Retail will be a strategic thinker with proven leadership and management experience in this space. Accountable for building a team and delivering measurable results that achieves and exceeds revenue and margin targets, this position will be capable of contributing meaningful insight to the sales and marketing functions and play an integral role in the overall development of this new business line.
The Apex Retail Electric provider will initially focus on the ERCOT with near-term expansion into PJM and potentially other markets.
- Work collaboratively with Apex senior management to develop a business plan, including a plan for risk management, supply procurement, and customer acquisition
- Hire and build out the Clean Retail team
- Manage all aspects of the Apex Retail Electric Provider
- Oversee risk management and hedging strategies to mitigate exposures
- Establish and build Apex REPs brand awareness through marketing and sales
- Achieve strong and consistent financial results
- Define the residential and small business product and service strategy and ensure excellent customer experience
- Work with internal teams to identify optimal supply from existing portfolio
- Create of products that include customer-facing applications based on smart meter data analytics, home energy management devices and technology, demand response and energy efficiency programs, commodity plans, home maintenance services and other services that meet the evolving needs of today’s electricity consumer
- Introduce new innovative products that push the energy industry into the future and provide consumers insights, choices and convenient ways to power their lives at home and on the go
- Extensive experience in the retail electric service industry, including in risk management, marketing, and operations
- Experience launching or growing a retail electric provider
- Demonstrable success with customer acquisition across multiple channels
- Familiarity with digital sales and marketing
- Knowledge of new technologies and products that can enhance the customer experience or that can represent additional offerings
- Experience managing a team
- Skilled in Integrated Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Negotiations, Customer Relationship Margin Management, and Change Management
- Strong strategy and execution leader with a focus on collaboration, accountability and results-based success
- Adept at problem-solving
- Articulate with the ability to lead and assist with management, client, and public presentations
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong passion for renewable energy and accelerating the shift to clean energy
- Exemplary standards of safety, honor, ethics, quality, communication, and productivity
What Apex Can Offer You
- A mission-driven, energetic environment
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.