Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
We are seeking an Energy Marketing Associate to help us accelerate the shift to clean energy by creating long term value for Apex from customers, markets, and relationships.
This position will help drive the growth plan for energy marketing in various regions across our various initiatives and products—including those for utility-scale, distributed energy resources, green fuels, and government customers through researching and identifying new market opportunities for renewable power sales, evaluating potential transactions, supporting power marketing outreach, crafting materials for sales presentations, and performing analyses to support customer requests. This position provides many challenging critical thinking and problem-solving opportunities that contribute to our development and business operations.
The ideal candidate will come into this role with origination experience with energy buyers, a strong familiarity with energy and electricity markets, and an understanding of renewable energy project economics and financial modeling. We also seek someone who is an energetic, collaborative, and intellectually curious individual who enjoys diving into complex data, supporting the dynamic pace of getting deals done, and making sure they are a success.
- Filters and responds to utility and C&I RFPs, while supporting negotiations for advanced opportunities through the deal lifecycle
- Anticipates, identifies, and interprets renewable energy industry trends to develop new products, markets, and customer relationships
- Builds a pipeline of opportunities with a high probability of success
- Drives the achievement of revenue growth objectives
- Develops proposals and manages transactions across a deal lifecycle
- Presents deal recommendations to department heads
- Gathers intelligence and develops competitive assessments regarding upcoming opportunities
- Leads the identification and evaluation of, as well as the response to new business opportunities
- Manages client service functions, including development, sales, and post-sales support activities
- Works closely within the Business Development organization to recognize and capitalize on cross-sell opportunities
- Work with internal stakeholders such as Marketing, New Markets, Development, Legal, Finance, Transmission, and Project Management to develop successful go to market strategies, tools and Apex’s pipeline of projects that lead to revenue recognition
- Updates CRMs (Salesforce, Smartsheet, Box) with pertinent information related to opportunities and projects
- Occasionally attends industry-specific conferences as a representative of Apex Clean Energy
To succeed as an Energy Marketing Associate at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree required; Graduate degree (MBA preferred) in an energy or business-related field or several years of direct industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in origination of utilities, corporates, C&I customers, and/or government initiatives
- Previous experience in the renewable energy industry and/or familiarity with the renewable energy project development process preferred
- Previous experience with contract negotiations preferred
- Possesses a solid understanding of current focus on organizational ESG in both public and private sectors
- Demonstrable experience developing business insights and/or strategies that result in revenue opportunities
- Experience identifying, designing, configuring, and supporting customized renewable energy applications and solutions
- Experience with the proposal development process
- Strong organization and project management skills and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to work proactively and productively with limited supervision
- Desire to work in and learn about various aspects of the utility-scale and DER renewable energy industry
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others
- Adherence to Apex Clean Energy’s core values and Code of Conduct
- All employees hired after February 2, 2022 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and related vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
When travelling, may work in an outdoor environment, which may be noisy and fast paced and subject to inclement weather.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.