Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of almost 400 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
We hire DER Summer Associates that are passionate about sustainable, clean energy. Our associates support the team in all aspects of project development. Each associate will support the team in desktop and field support in furtherance of solar prospecting and may have responsibility for a unique project or initiative over the summer, such as a Capstone or applied research project to be defined by Apex and the associate to the mutual benefit of both parties.
DER Summer Associate candidates will be in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree with an outstanding academic record. A desire to work in renewable energy is required. Candidates must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel skills.
- Assists the team with operational aspects of managing the portfolio of DER projects
- Takes on discrete tasks associated with all stages of development, including working with various departments on land campaigns, project permitting, engineering and design, and project commercialization
- Participates in field visits associated with a variety of project processes
- Researches and presents on solar industry trends and customer targeting
- Works with multiple teams to help prepare project proposals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or graduate student with an outstanding academic record
- Course work in the energy industry
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expected graduation date in December 2024 or May 2025
- The summer associate program will run from June 3 through August 9 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Paid Internship: Undergraduate, $17/Hour; Graduate, $27/Hour
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.