Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
We hire Corporate Strategy Summer Associates that are passionate about clean energy. Our summer associates support the corporate strategy team in all aspects of evaluating strategic growth opportunities, partnerships, emerging technologies, and business models that can drive strategic growth for Apex, inclusive of battery storage, transmission, green fuels, and other opportunities. Summer associates will participate in discussions with partners, analyze and evaluate growth opportunities and present findings to senior leadership. Each summer associate will have responsibility for a unique project or initiative.
- Evaluates strategic growth opportunities for Apex, inclusive of new technologies, new business models, and/or new partnerships
- Performs business model evaluation inclusive of quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Supports the team in establishing frameworks to evaluate and prioritize new opportunities
- Assists in the creation of financial models or presentations to share with senior management
- Helps maintain support files to justify evaluations
- Assists with sensitivity analysis or alternative paths towards pursuing goals
- Performs a unique project
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate degree candidate with a strong academic record
- Course work or experience in the energy industry and/or corporate strategy
- Corporate strategy, consulting experience, green fuel experience a plus but not required
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Pay: Undergrad $15/Hour; Grad $25/Hour
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.