Corporate Finance Summer Associate (Intern)
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
12 days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
We hire Corporate Finance Summer Associates that are passionate about clean energy. Our summer associates support the corporate finance team in all aspects of corporate finance, including corporate modeling, budgeting, capital allocation, and other areas.
- Assists with corporate financial modeling
- Identifies and leads process improvements of existing processes to reduce and minimize manual tasks
- Assists with various financial and operational reporting for internal and external parties
- Assists in budget setting and tracking across various scopes
- Facilitates ad hoc requests for various Corporate Finance team members as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate or undergraduate student candidate in finance, accounting, business, economics, or similar major
- Course work or experience in the energy industry and/or finance
- Strong Microsoft Excel modeling skills
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Pay: Undergrad $15/Hour; Grad $25/Hour
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.