Business Development Summer Associate (Intern)
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
We hire Business Development Summer Associates that are passionate about clean energy. Our summer associates support the utility-scale and distributed resources teams in all aspects of business development. Each summer associate will support the team in originating renewable energy offtake opportunities and formulating proposals for the sale of energy and environmental products from our wind, solar, clean fuels, and battery storage projects. Summer Associates will support all parts of the deal process, from preparation and submission to negotiation and closing. They will also be tasked on a special project and will present their findings to the Business Development team and Apex executives at the end of the internship.
Business Development Summer Associate candidates will be in pursuit of either an MBA or a graduate degree in a related field with an outstanding academic record. A desire to work in renewable energy is required. Candidates must have strong computer skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Researches and presents on industry trends
- Generates reports for management as necessary
- Works with multiple teams to prepare project proposals
- Supports bilateral and competitive RFP opportunities with utility, corporate, and/or government energy buyers
- Assists with all stages of deal work including pricing offers, term sheets, and power purchase agreements
- Works cross-functionally with finance, development, and legal, as well as with other technical experts
- Update CRMs (Zendesk, Smartsheet) in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- MBA or a graduate degree candidate in a related field with outstanding academic performance
- Course work or experience in the energy industry; renewable energy experience preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in line with Apex’s values
- All employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved
- The summer associate program will run from June 5 through August 11 but we can be flexible with the start and end dates
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Non-Exempt
- Pay: $25/Hour
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Office Location: Our Charlottesville, VA headquarters
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.