Business Development Associate, Acquisitions
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy develops, constructs, and operates utility-scale wind and solar power facilities across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 renewable energy experts uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information on how Apex is leading the transition to a clean energy future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking a Business Development Associate, Acquisitions, who will be responsible for performing and managing tasks related to the acquisition of renewable energy development assets. You will be responsible for performing due diligence, financial analysis, conducting outreach and maintaining schedules. You will also present your analysis to stakeholders both inside and outside the company. This position will report directly to the Director of Business Development and will work closely with the development, regional leaders, finance, transmission, legal, new markets and development teams. This position is located in Charlottesville, Virginia and requires travel of 25%.
- Identify and track renewable energy development projects and power market trends by gathering information from news articles, industry connections, public filings, primary research, and direct communication with developers and other project stakeholders.
- Generate and maintain relationships with potential acquisition counterparties and other renewable energy development companies.
- Support the production and negotiation of term sheets to acquire renewable energy development projects and portfolios.
- Manage data sites and work with Apex development team and other departments to perform due diligence on potential acquisitions.
- Work with counterparties and Apex legal and business development teams to negotiate definitive documentation.
- Support the transition of projects into Apex development portfolio.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a preference for concentrations in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- At least 2 years in renewable energy, power marketing, or financial analysis preferred in lieu of specialized education.
- Extremely organized.
- Self-motivated with interest in solving problems.
- Comfortable interfacing successfully with internal and external customers and teammates at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Smartsheet is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial analysis and modeling.
- Willing to travel as required up to 25%
- Willing to work from our headquarters in Charlottesville, VA.
What Apex Can Offer You
- A mission-driven, energetic environment
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.