Associate Asset Manager
Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
7 days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking an Associate Asset Manager to support the financial tracking, forecasting, reporting, optimization, operation and maintenance of our wind and solar renewable energy installations across the United States. In this role, you will help ensure optimal performance of the company’s portfolio and ensure accurate reporting of generation.
In this role, you will be joining a small team of Asset Managers as the sole Associate Asset Manager. You will work directly with a Senior Asset Manager to support all activities that drive the profitability of our assets. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, collaborative team that oversees a large and growing portfolio of projects providing you with both depth and breadth into the asset management function at a company that owns and operates the assets we develop.
Our Asset Managers are responsible for getting involved early in the development process to ensure alignment of strategy from development through operation. In this role you will work in close collaboration with various internal departments such as Development, Finance, Project Accounting, Business Development, Information Technology, and related groups. The Associate Asset Manager will help to ensure the output of assets are in line with forecasts, project proformas are accurate, maintenance is scheduled and completed as required, and contractual obligations are fulfilled. The Associate Asset Manager will also work to develop, implement, and manage long term maintenance strategies, as well as identify asset optimization strategies that enhance the performance of the operations of the assigned assets, manage relationships with company service providers and customers related to assigned assets, as well as other duties associated with the position of Associate Asset Manager.
Our ideal candidate is an action-oriented, hard-working team player who can jump in and support projects from a variety of angles. This position requires excellent communication and writing skills as well as the ability to balance priorities and shift needs on the go. A passion for renewable energy is a must.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Exempt
- Department: Asset Management and Operations
- Travel: 10%
- Office Location: HQ in Charlottesville, VA
Help to oversee, in coordination with a Senior Asset Manager, a portfolio of commercial scale wind and/or solar assets owned and operated by Apex Clean Energy
- Support all asset management administrative and compliance-related tasks to ensure prompt completion and full compliance with agreements, regulations, and other requirements
- Help to ensure the delivery of all energy production and operational activity reports required for internal/external parties accurately and on time
- Understand and assess causes for technical and financial underperformance of assets in collaboration with the Operations and Accounting team assigned to each asset
- Identify deficiencies and develop solutions to improve the financial health of our assets under management
- Act as point of contact for off-takers, lessors, regulatory organizations, and financial parties
- Help to streamline, automate, and improve processes related to reporting and compliance requirements
- Participate in, or manage, projects and initiatives for the Asset Management and Operations team to enhance productivity and organization of the department
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, environmental science, or related
- Experience in the renewable energy industry preferred
- Experience in a related role (asset management, project development, operations, business planning, project finance, policy analysis, and/or project accounting) accepted in lieu of experience in the renewable energy industry
- Experience with wind and solar plant operations
- Knowledge of Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs) and Independent System Operators (ISO)s, transmission systems, and power project engineering are advantageous
- Experience with Excel modeling strongly preferred
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to productively take ownership of projects while communicating collaboratively throughout the project’s life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within and lead multi-disciplinary teams while earning buy-in from team members to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects
- Able to problem solve effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage and track multiple detailed projects simultaneously and complete tasks efficiently
- Articulate with the ability to lead and assist with management, client, and public presentations, exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Occasional project related travel as well as travel to conferences and industry events
- Location: Willing and able to work from our Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- All employees hired after February 1, 2022 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and associate booster vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.