Apex Clean Energy
Charlottesville, VA, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking an Asset Manager to be responsible for the financial tracking, forecasting, reporting, optimization, operation and maintenance of assigned renewable energy installations of the Company and/or its customers. The Asset Manager will monitor assigned utility scale and distributed generation solar and wind projects across the portfolio to ensure optimal generation performance of the company’s renewable portfolio and ensure accurate reporting of generation.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the profitability of solar and wind assets through close collaboration with Apex’s Senior Leadership, Accounting, Development, IT and related groups. The Asset Manager will ensure the output of assets are in line with forecasts, project proformas are accurate, maintenance is scheduled and completed as required, and contractual obligations are fulfilled. The Asset Manager will develop, implement and manage long term maintenance strategies, as well as perform analysis of system efficiency to identify opportunities for improved performance.
You will also be responsible for identifying asset optimization strategies to enhance the performance of the operations of the assigned assets, managing relationships with company service providers and customers related to assigned assets, as well as other duties associated with the position of Asset Manager. This position reports to the Vice President of Technology and Asset Management.
Our ideal candidate is an action-oriented, hard-working team player who can jump in and support projects from a variety of angles. This position requires excellent communication and writing skills as well as the ability to balance priorities and shift needs on the go. A passion for renewable energy is a must.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Exempt
- Department: Asset Management and Operations
- Travel: 10%
- Office Location: Apex Headquarters in Charlottesville, VA
Take holistic ownership of owned assets coming on line; independently manage, control, and ensure contractual compliance and client satisfaction in the delivery of asset management, operational, and technical services
- Help to develop effective project onboarding and ramp up processes to enable future scale
- Manage engagement with clients, project stakeholders, and internal subject matter experts at Apex
- Manage client communications, including travel to and from project sites and client meetings
- Manage and optimize financial performance of client assets
- Collaborate and execute as needed in the writing, formatting, processing, and timely execution of reports and client deliverables
- Collaborate with the operations and technical team in the delivery of services
- Contribute to process development, continuous improvement and professional development of other team members
- Contribute to research, guidance, and opportunities in RTO and ISO market rules, market regulations, and power marketing operations for client assets
- Support the commercial transition to Asset Management for new projects, including pre-COD mobilization, contract administration, and compliance
- Support other activities across the company as requested including collaborative activities with development, finance, business development, and construction
- Perform other commercial duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years related experience in asset management or a related role; renewable energy industry experience preferred
- Commercially sophisticated and able to engage with broad range of stakeholders
- Experience and comfort with negotiations, contracting, and contract management
- Comfort with financial analysis and P&L management
- Extensive experience in a project management role managing schedules, budgets, vendors, and deadlines
- Experience with wind and solar plant operations strongly preferred
- Experience with power market operations
- Experience with project finance and project accounting preferred
- Able to clearly communicate in oral and written form
- Able to problem solve effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrable quantitative and analytical thinking with an organized and diligent approach to work
- Demonstrable drive to understand how things work and commensurate ability to adapt quickly
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple on going projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty
- Location: Preference for those willing and able to work from our Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- All employees hired after February 1, 2022 are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and associate booster vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You’ll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.