Project Administrator, Texas
Apex Clean Energy
Boerne, TX, United States
30+ days ago
Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world’s most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visit apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking a Project Administrator who will provide our Texas-based Project Development Team with administrative and project-level support in an effort to help grow, maintain, and support our development portfolio.
This role will assist the Texas-based Project Development Team with a variety of administrative and project-specific needs, including conducting data entry and maintenance to project-level databases; submitting funding approval requests, event planning and management at local project-sites; and representing Apex along with other team members at various business, government, and community meetings and events. The Project Administrator will also be responsible for pulling necessary reports as needed, developing and managing budgets, conducting research in support of the team’s needs, checking facts, among other responsibilities. The Project Administrator must demonstrate exceptional project coordination skills, be capable of meeting numerous simultaneous deadlines, possess excellent communication skills, be highly responsible and accountable, and adhere to the highest standards of accuracy and quality in his/her work.
The Project Administrator will report directly to the Senior Director of Project Development and work closely with and directly for a team of about 8 members in addition to members of the Public Affairs Team, and local land agents and landowners, as needed.
Previous experience in event planning, project development, public relations, or administration is a plus. You will have a strong understanding of project management and have no problem organizing, planning, and meeting deadlines. You thrive in an environment that requires flexibility and adaptation to constant change, shifting demands, and moving timelines. We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates who possess a strong personal commitment to renewable energy, business, and/or rural economic development will be well suited for this role.
- Facilitating the purchase order and/or work order process for the Project Development Team and coordinating execution of such documents.
- Serve as initial point of contact for Apex’s Texas-based Development Team, perform office support duties, and facilitate office productivity.
- Research topics identified by development staff related to project development.
- Assisting in coordination of public open houses, land-owner meetings, or other events related to projects development and community outreach.
- Coordinate communication and engagement with corporate headquarters.
- Enter and maintain data in various data bases and systems including but not limited to Smartsheets, Excel, PowerPoint, and purchase requisition software.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing data.
- Ensures the Project Development Team follows processes and procedures internally as well as with various stakeholders, regulatory authorities, local officials, etc.
- Seeks opportunities to streamline work while tracking work activities and reporting findings.
- Contributes to team effort by finding ways to improve the development process as possible.
- Responsible for smooth collaboration between the different internal departments.
- Support the Project Development Team in developing and keeping projects on track and responding to new demands as necessary.
- Design and maintain processes for the Project Development Team to make it easy to collect the information needed to complete the tasks above efficiently and accurately.
- Travel 10-15% to project site locations.
To succeed as our Project Administrator at Apex Clean Energy, you’ll need to display excellence within the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree, significant work experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Passion for working in administration, project management, public affairs, community organizing.
- Extraordinary planning and organizational skills with highly developed research and writing skills.
- Self-starter, flexible, able to run with assigned tasks. Deadline-oriented and collaborative by nature.
- Ability to be highly responsive and willing to work flexible hours, if needed. Apex acts quickly and being able to adapt to changing internal and external conditions is extremely important.
- An ability to manage shifting assignments and multiple projects at the same time is a must.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and quick learner in other software platforms, including Smartsheet and other project tracking software.
- Project management knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work actively and productively with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a standard office environment, including extended computer use and team coordination across Apex office locations.
- Willing to travel up to 15% to remote project sites and meetings in the Texas region.
- This is a Texas-based work from home position. Strong preference given to those located in or around Boerne, TX or the San Antonio, TX area.
What Apex Can Offer You
- A mission-driven, energetic environment
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.