Scotts Valley, CA, United States
30+ days ago
At Ambient Photonics, Inc., we are committed to empowering sustainable solutions that protect our environment for future generations. We are creating this market from the ground up, by taking energy harvesting and PV-powered loT from just an idea to a mass scale.
Are you an early adopter? Can you envision how a new product can change the way the world powers everyday electronics—and does it excite you to become part of the team providing it? If you are committed to sustainable solutions that protect our environment, we think you would be a great fit to our team.
Ambient Photonics has been laying the groundwork since early 2019 and started its rapid growth stage in 2022. Now you can develop your career by working with the best and brightest, but also partnering with some of the most innovative manufacturers in the world.
We believe that the best way to deliver exceptional products to our customer partners is to build an environment where our employees feel appreciated and valued. Come develop excellence in sustainable solutions and be a part of new ways of thinking, new technology, and a new future!
What You Will Do:
We’re seeking a warehouse manager to oversee operations at our factory in Scotts Valley, CA. This skilled multitasker will manage the receiving, handling, storing, picking, and packing activities of the warehouse, ensuring that quality standards are met or exceeded. The warehouse manager must achieve inventory accuracy, handle order receipts. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and able to manage multiple facets of warehouse operations simultaneously. The objectives of the role are as follows:
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory, gate processes, and shipping methods.
- Build a small staff of shipping and receiving associates.
- Solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Oversee daily operations while controlling and managing inventory and logistics.
- Review and prepare workflows, staffing requirements, space allocations, equipment layouts, and action plans that meet company standards for productivity, quality, and customer service.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures and by complying with legal regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Supervise daily warehouse activities, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service.
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime.
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance when necessary.
- Meet regularly with production staff and warehouse associates to analyze productivity and develop actionable plans for loss prevention.
- Oversee and manage logistics for transporting products to customers and company facilities, communicating with drivers and air partners to ensure efficient delivery of packages.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- Experience in starting up a new factory, including systems, staffing.
- Five or more years of experience in a warehouse role managing hourly employees.
- Proficiency with warehouse procedures and policies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of company staff.
- Ability to deliver effective feedback, both written and verbal.
- At a minimum, intermediate level of expertise with Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
- Associate degree (or equivalent) in logistics or supply chain management.
- Proficiency with SCM+ for warehouses.
- License to operate a forklift.
- Ability to communicate in more than one language.
Benefits and Perks
We value team-driven efforts where our employees can collaborate and share ideas. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and equity potential.
Why You’ll See Yourself Here
Ambient Photonics, Inc. is looking for people who are motivated by our mission of changing the world by bringing our groundbreaking technology to global leaders in loT. Our employees are all given the opportunity to work effectively as part of our diverse team in a fast-paced environment. Join us in helping to reduce negative environmental impacts and in the discovery of what endless power can do.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Ambient Photonics, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Ambient Photonics is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
This role requires:
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.