Senior Marketing Manager
Scotts Valley, CA, United States
28 days ago
At Ambient Photonics, Inc., our team has developed breakthrough photovoltaic cells that harvest energy from indoor lighting and deliver more than 3x the power versus solar cells typically used in consumer devices. These small, low-cost, and good-looking cells can make disposable batteries obsolete in a lot of existing electronics and enable new products that haven’t been possible until now.
Do you like working with a company that is committed to a powerful mission? Can you envision how a new product can change the way the world powers everyday electronics, and does it excite you to become part of the team providing it? Do you have significant marketing experience in electronics and / or hardware? If so, we think you would be a great fit to our team.
Ambient Photonics was founded in early 2019 and started its rapid growth stage in 2022. Now you can develop your career by working with the best and brightest, but also partnering with some of the most innovative electronics manufacturers in the world.
We believe that the best way to deliver exceptional products to our customer partners is to build an environment where our employees feel appreciated and valued. Come develop excellence in sustainable solutions and be a part of new ways of thinking, new technology, and a new future!
What You’ll Do
Our senior marketing manager drives all of the outbound marketing for the company. You will develop and drive marketing programs to ensure accelerated product adoption of Ambient Photonics technologies.You will evolve our brand strategy, give name our products their features, and more. You will take a hands-on approach to significantly upgrading our online presence, starting with a redesign of our website so that it can speak to our customer segments and serve our partners with the confidential documentation they need, while educating a broader market via targeted content, communications, and more. You'll develop content that will grow our corporate presence on Linkedin, YouTube, and other social platforms. You will build an events team, developing our trade-show presence, starting with building out a 20x20 booth that will debut at CES 2024, as well as all of the news events will be generating. Beyond marketing, you will manage our PR process, significantly upgrading our rate and quality of news and exposure as we ramp through milestones and customers wins. You'll interact directly with your connections in the press to develop opportunities for broader coverage and engage with our customers and partners on an array of topics from sponsorships to announcements.
Essential Job Requirements
- Understand our products, our key value propositions, and their differentiation versus competitive offerings, and develop that narratives that we use to explain this in our content across various channels, creating the positioning to explain the difference between solutions that can be built with our products.
- Understand the markets we are targeting, identify unique attributes and needs within each and develop engaging externally focused marketing materials to clearly and simply tell a story that gets industries excited about our new to the world products.
- Lead our web partners to drive our web presence forward, evolving the website to add new functionality, content and CRM as our needs grow and change.
- Develop an overall brand strategy including brand purpose, vision, values, and voice that bridges from our current branding as our market and technical success evolves.
- Develop blog posts, videos and content that generates buzz and demonstrates momentum across multiple channels concurrently.
- Build and execute a webinar / demo program for potential customers / partners.
- Drive PR for the company, including press interactions, events / announcements launches, executive positioning.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to understand the roadmap and build marketing plans that support the company objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A problem-solving approach and a strong desire to see the customer succeed
- Solution and ‘Value Proposition’ oriented, with focus to contribute to business growth
- Excellent communications and customer interface
- Target oriented and clear focus on results achievements
- Analytical, accurate, creative, flexible, open minded
- Can work independently, a self-starter, takes initiative
- Competence with content generation tools, including word, Powerpoint, OBS, video editing tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Technical understanding of power systems in battery powered devices is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with solar cells and / or energy harvesting is a plus
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Product Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience in marketing in a customer facing role
- Experience in the hardware space, ideally in consumer electronics industry and / or familiarity with building high volume consumer hardware.
- Experience collaborating side by side with sales, marketing and product development
- All Ambient Photonics employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to, the San Francisco bay area in California, U.S.
Benefits and Perks
We value team-driven efforts where our employees can collaborate and share ideas. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and equity potential.
Why you’ll see yourself here
Ambient Photonics, Inc. is looking for people who are motivated by our mission of changing the world by bringing our groundbreaking technology to global leaders in loT. Our employees are all given the opportunity to work effectively as part of our diverse team in a fast-paced environment. Join us in helping to reduce negative environmental impacts and in the discovery of what endless power can do.