At Ambient Photonics, Inc., we are committed to empowering sustainable solutions that protect our environment for future generations. We are creating this market from the ground up, by taking energy harvesting and PV-powered loT from just an idea to a mass scale.
Are you an early adopter? Can you envision how a new product can change the way the world powers everyday electronics—and does it excite you to become part of the team providing it? If you are committed to sustainable solutions that protect our environment, we think you would be a great fit to our team.
Ambient Photonics has been laying the groundwork since early 2019 and started its rapid growth stage in 2022. Now you can develop your career by working with the best and brightest, but also partnering with some of the most innovative manufacturers in the world.
We believe that the best way to deliver exceptional products to our customer partners is to build an environment where our employees feel appreciated and valued. Come develop excellence in sustainable solutions and be a part of new ways of thinking, new technology, and a new future!
What You Will Do:
The Quality Inspector, in partnership with the Quality Manager and production, will ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach the consumer. This team member will inspect the final product to make sure it has been built with compliance to legal standards and meets the customer expectations.
This person must fully understand the requirements for Ambient’s products and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers. The goal is to help enhance our reputation by ensuring that our products and services exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects and approves incoming materials by confirming drawing requirements, specifications by conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the results to the organization.
- Use of basic inspection tools (caliper, micrometer, inspection pins).
- Microscopy (using a microscope).
- Inspects in-process production by confirming specifications, test data and conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating the results to the organization.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, out of box audits.
- Documents non-conforming material by completing a discrepant material report.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes rework and scrap and inputs data into the quality database.
- Helps coordinate test equipment for calibration.
- Maintains a safe working environment using 5S practices.
- Accomplishes quality and operations goals by completing related inspection data as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills (word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Reporting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytic skills.
- Good hand eye coordination.
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of experience working in inspection or quality assurance.
- High energy and self-motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with 5S is a plus.
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
We value team-driven efforts where our employees can collaborate and share ideas. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and equity potential.
Why You’ll See Yourself Here
Ambient Photonics, Inc. is looking for people who are motivated by our mission of changing the world by bringing our groundbreaking technology to global leaders in loT. Our employees are all given the opportunity to work effectively as part of our diverse team in a fast-paced environment. Join us in helping to reduce negative environmental impacts and in the discovery of what endless power can do.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Ambient Photonics, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Ambient Photonics is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.