Headquartered in Scotts Valley, CA, Ambient Photonics’ mission is to enable our customers to offer best-in-class products, features, and user experience with our unparalleled low-light photovoltaic technology. Ambient has solved both the low power density and high-cost problems of legacy low light PV technologies and has created the world’s most powerful low light energy harvesting photovoltaic cells- making endless power for loT electronics a reality for the first time.
Position Overview & Purpose
As an Equipment Maintenance Engineer at Ambient Photonics, you will play a vital role in ensuring the continuous and reliable operation of our equipment. You will be responsible for conducting maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting on various systems, machinery, and instruments. Your expertise will contribute to maintaining a safe, productive, and world-class working environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform preventive maintenance on a wide range of equipment, including production machinery, laboratory instruments, and office equipment.
- Diagnose and repair equipment malfunctions to minimize downtime and improve OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
- Develop and implement maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Maintain building systems, including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
- Assist in the coordination of external contractors and service providers for facility maintenance and repairs.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve issues in a timely manner to ensure the smooth operation of equipment and facilities.
- Utilize technical knowledge to address complex problems and implement effective solutions.
Spare Parts Management:
- Maintain an inventory of spare parts and equipment components.
- Coordinate with procurement to ensure the availability of necessary parts for repairs.
- Keep detailed records of maintenance activities, repairs, and equipment history.
- Document all maintenance procedures and follow best practices.
- Adhere to safety protocols and ensure that all maintenance work is carried out in compliance with safety regulations.
- Report and address safety concerns promptly.
Basic Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in equipment and facility maintenance, including knowledge of preventive and corrective maintenance procedures.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S., Ambient Photonics does not provide any sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
- Familiarity with photovoltaic cell manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Experience in PCB, solar, or semiconductor fabrication
- Proficiency in using maintenance management software.
- Ability to adapt to changing industry trends and technologies.
Benefits and Perks
We value team-driven efforts where our employees can collaborate and share ideas. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and equity.
Why You’ll See Yourself Here
Ambient Photonics, Inc. is looking for people who are motivated by our mission of changing the world by bringing our groundbreaking technology to global leaders in loT. Our employees are all given the opportunity to work effectively as part of our diverse team in a fast-paced environment. Join us in helping to reduce negative environmental impacts and in the discovery of what endless power can do.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Ambient Photonics, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Ambient Photonics is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.